Helpful Links

Below are a list of links for community websites, resources, and additional services.

Notice: Links marked with a * will take you to web sites not maintained by the City of Vancouver. These links will open in a new browser window. Our provision of these links does not imply approval, warrant the accuracy of any information, or endorse any opinions expressed on any of these outside Web sites.””

Educational Institutions

Vancouver School Board (VSB) *

VSB – Adult and Continuing Education *

University of British Columbia (UBC) *

Simon Fraser University at Harbour Centre (SFU) *

Simon Fraser University *

Vancouver Community College (VCC) *

Langara College *

Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design *

British Columbia Institute of Technology – Downtown Campus (BCIT) *

Outside Vancouver
Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops) *

University of Northern British Coumbia (UNBC) *

University of Victoria (UVic) *

BC Ministry of Education *

Find a Postal Code

Canada Post – rates & postal codes *

Housing, Landlords and Tenants

BC Housing *

BC Residential Tenancy Office *

Vancouver Area Municipal Governments*

All of the links below are external to the City of Vancouver web site.
Bowen Island
Electoral Area A
Langley City
Langley Township
Lions Bay
Maple Ridge
New Westminster
North Vancouver District
North Vancouver City
Pitt Meadows
Port Coquitlam
Port Moody
West Vancouver
White Rock

Other Levels of Government

• Government of Canada *
• Canada Benefits *
• Government of British Columbia *
• City of Victoria (Provincial Capital) *
• Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD) *


Tourism BC *

Tourism Vancouver *

Transit and Transportation

Public transit
Bus schedules, SkyTrain & SeaBus

Carpooling – Ride Share *

Cycling in Vancouver

Downtown Historic Railway

Vancouver International Airport

Port of Vancouver

BC Ferries

West Coast Express

Roadwork in Vancouver

Utilities and Environment

Electricity – BC Hydro *

Gas – Terasen Gas *

Regional Water Issues (GVRD) *

Regional Air Quality (GVRD) *

Regional Garbage and Recycling Initiatives (GVRD) *

Liquid Waste Services (GVRD) *

Regional Parks (GVRD) *

Greater Vancouver Housing Corporation (GVRD) *

Moving to Canada

Citizenship and Immigration *
Government of Canada website

Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) *
A SIN is required to work in Canada or to receive government benefits.

Newcomer’s Guide to Vancouver